Pass, Set, Hit For the Freshies

Freshman girls volleyball goes undefeated in their 2021-2022 high school season

As we round out the now finished girls volleyball season, let’s take a moment to appreciate our freshman girls as they leave their season undefeated. These lady knights fought their way to the end and finished out with a BANG. We are so proud of them for being the only volleyball team amongst junior varsity, and varsity to go 15-0. 

The girls also participated at the Valencia Invitation Tournament and proceeded to go 9-0 with other schools such as Louisville and Alemany. The girls pushed through their last game which was a really close one. After they won they each got a medal and a trophy to signify their success during their season and in the tournament. 

Head Coach Ms. Ward shares her thoughts on the season as she says, “As a coach, I am beyond proud of the individual and team successes that our freshman team worked to achieve this fall. I am also very excited to see what this group of 14 young women are able to accomplish during their remaining 3 years here at Notre Dame!

The camaraderie, cohesiveness, and general positivity of the team is the reason they were able to finish out the season just as they had  started, eager, driven, and totally bought in to what Notre Dame Women’s Volleyball is all about!”

We expect to see these girls continue to push through the next 3 years that they have in front of them, building new skills and friendships as the years go by. The Notre Dame volleyball program is known for their unity and sense of community. These girls have a bond like no other and that sense of togetherness makes them such an amazing team all together.

One of the team captains, Dautry Berchtold- Karakasidis ‘25 says, “I love playing at ND because it is a family. Everyone is always there for each other and it feels safe. I love the coaches because they push us to try our best in school and on the court. I am so thankful for Coach Martin because she always made me want to work harder, and push myself during the season. I really loved my season at ND! Playing volleyball gave me friendships that have lasted me all year. I am so excited to grow up with my teammates and get closer in school and on the court.”

We are so excited to see what the next volleyball season will look like with the freshman now being on JV. We are hoping for these girls to make a change here at ND! 

The freshman girls had one heck of a season and it is one to be recognized! We are so excited to see what they have in store for us next year when they transition on to the next level of junior varsity or maybe even varsity! We all applaud them for all the hard work and dedication they put into the season. Go Knights!